Friday, June 24, 2011

My First Post

Well, I figured I'd start a blog. Just for the hell of it. Lately, I've been wanting to jot down my thoughts and I thought...what better way then to blog it. Oh, the wonders of technology these days. I think it would be remiss of me to not introduce myself....to anyone that would read this. My name is Nate Magera. I'm a 22 year old male that goes to college at the Pittsburgh Technical Institute for Information Technology. I also work at McDonalds in Bridgeville. Are you already excited to know about me? I know I would be. I like to play sports....you name one, and I probably like to play it. I'm particularly fond of baseball and basketball. I love to pitch, and it would be nice to do that professionally, but being 5'6 130 lbs will only take you so far I suppose. But enough about introductions, because frankly, they bore me. Yes, I'd love to know all about you in a short amount of time, but I'm afraid it just shouldn't work like that.

Right now, I'm watching the Incredible Hulk. The second version, not the first with Eric Bana. I refuse to watch that monstrocity of a movie. And I'm not a big movie buff. I like this movie though, Edward Norton is the man. He's a cool dude. Liv Tyler is also hot. Yes, indeed. Wow, I can already imagine anyone who's reading this thinkin, "Jesus, this dude is fucking boring"....it will get better, I promise. I'm new to this writing thing....well not really I guess. All through high school, you have those English classes where you write every day. I don't see myself as a good writer, although I've been told my writing is good. Speaking of writing, I have to give a speech on Tuesday. Oh yes, I stutter, so I'm really looking forward to that one. I have to talk about whether college athletes should be paid or not. I personally don't care, I just picked a random topic, but I don't think they should be paid. They get enough through special treatment and scholarships and grants. Sure they bring in millions of revenue for the colleges, but I think they'd be just fine with tuition alone. Especially the more expensive colleges.

I started this blog because as I said earlier, I've been wanting to write down my thoughts. A few days ago I read an article about this really high tech family. They all had blogs. Blogs have always intrigued me, I started a Pirates blog a few years ago, but I wasn't dedicated enough. Writing has always been tough for me, no matter what it was about. So, I hope I keep this up. I figure I write a few random thoughts a week or something...maybe it'll catch on. We'll see.

I'm a really big Pirates fan. The Pittsburgh Pirates. Yes, those Pittsburgh Pirates. The team that has a record 18 straight losing seasons. I've always had hope for the team, and this year that hope may finally pay off. They're 38-37...I think. Something like that, I know they're one game over.500. And hey, that may not seem like much, but for a Pirates fan, it's pretty much everything. Personally, I think they're getting rather lucky, and the bottom may fall out sooner or later, but I'm enjoying the ride for now. And who knows, maybe things will stay this way and they'll finish over .500. Or more. Playoffs, dare I say? Everytime I think of the playoffs, I think of the Jim Mora playoffs interview....playoffs...playoffs?!?! You know what I'm talking about sports fans. Gets me everytime.

Things are a bit different for me in life nowadays. I moved out of the house I lived in for 21 years. I'm living with my friend for now. It's a fun time usually. We want to move to Florida after we finish school....I do at least. I'm gonna miss everyone up here in PA, but Florida is a great state, and it's where I want to be. I know I can find a job down there even with the unemployment rate being 10% there. Somehow the....how can I put it....I can't think of the word at the moment....well anyways, the economy about Pittsburgh hasn't been affected as much as the rest of the US. That's good for us around here. I expect the economy to rebound eventually....I mean, how much longer could it last? I'm not really big on politics, so don't ask me much about it. I always wanted to learn about them, so I could have those fancy discussions about foreign policy and whatnot. Perhaps someday when I get old(er).

Well, this is nice....me rambling on about nothing for a few pages, but then again...the blog is called random thoughts in life. Catchy title isn't it? I wonder if anyone will actually read this. I'm definitely going to advertise it....so that people can read all this nonsense....cause that's how I roll, bitches!

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. It's my dad's birthday (he turns 65), so my brother and I are gonna take him out for golfing. I've taken a new interest in golfing lately. It's pretty fun. Definitely challenging though. Gotta keep your emotions in check....ahem, Tiger. Anyways, after that I'm going to the Pirates game with a friend. I've been planning this game for months, so as much as I'd like to spend time with my dad.....sorry man. Pirates game vs the Red Sox!! Does that make me a bad son? Perhaps, but I think he'll be fine with it. I'm off on Sunday too. Glad about that, because no one works on Sundays, so we usually get fucked over. Speaking of getting fucked over, I'm glad our store manager schedules everyone in the morning, so the night people get fucked over. We got slammed again tonight...and lack of people hurt us. Then again, it's McDonalds....so who gives a fuck?

Well I'm getting pretty tired....it's 12:00. I was excited to finally get to stay up for once...I have class in the mornings and work early on the weekends, so I never get the chance to sleep in. Hence why I miss class a lot. Oh well. A lot of it's easy anyways. I should probably start going though. Employers aren't gonna like that factor on a resume. I should probably be heading to bed now. I'll try and have another post up sometime tomorrow....we'll see! Goodnight, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment